Required Hard and Soft Skills for Flutter Developers
Flutter is used to develop applications for Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Google Fuchsia, and the web from a single codebase.
Developers need to have two skill sets — hard and soft ones. Hard skills stand for technical knowledge and experience. As for soft skills, they allow developers to be competent in the workplace. There are so-called ‘interpersonal skills.’
Hard skills of Flutter developers:
- Good knowledge of Git
- Understanding of Computer Science
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Strong knowledge of different architecture approaches
- Experience with GoF patterns
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of networking
- Experience in programming languages for mobile development — Kotlin or Swift
- Knowledge of Dart programming language,
- Understanding of Flutter framework
- Experience in Android or iOS mobile development services
Soft skills of Flutter developers for hire:
- Problem solving: Every software engineer faces problems during the development process. So, it’s vital for a good developer to look at the issues objectively and solve them effectively.
- Creativity: Developers need to look at things from a different perspective and come up with new unobvious solutions.
- Teamwork: Flutter developers work on projects with a bunch of other specialists like designers, project managers, and quality assurance specialists.
- Communication skills: Developers work as a team, so they need to communicate with each other quite effectively. During the development, software developers brainstorm new ideas and discover the best solutions.